- A Minute to Learn it - Money Basics
- Using a Bank or Credit Union
- How does a checking account work?
- Virtual Money Management
- Where can I cash my paycheck?
- What types of insurance should I have?
- What do I need to know about Federal Income Taxes?
- What can I do now to prepare for my eventual retirement?
- What does a parent need to know about financial aid when sending a child to college?
- Are there some specific things that parents and their student should discuss?
- What role should financial aid play in the selection of a college for my child?
- My daughter is going to college next year, what can I do now to start to prepare for paying for school?
- Is all financial aid ‘free money’?
- Where does Financial Aid come from?
- When should my child apply for financial aid?
- How does my student apply for financial aid?
- If parents are divorced, which parent provides information for the student’s FAFSA?
- My child is paying for school on her own; do I have to provide my information on the FAFSA?
- If I provide my information on the FAFSA, does this obligate me to pay for my child’s education?
- I have multiple children in college; do I need to complete a separate FAFSA for each child?
- What should I do if I have special circumstances not indicated on the FAFSA?
- Is the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) the actual amount that we will owe the school?
- Helpful and Important Links
- What kind of information is available on the Foothill College scholarship web page?
- What is a scholarship?
- Where can I look for scholarships?
- What is a scholarship application?
- What is a scholarship essay?
- What is a scholarship deadline?
- What are transcripts?
- What is a letter of recommendation?
- What are some tips on writing a great scholarship essay?
- What are some tips on filling out a great scholarship application?
- What are some tips on getting great letters of recommendation?
- How can I prioritize my scholarship search?
- Is it worth it to apply for scholarships?
- What are scholarship scams?
- Should I have to pay to apply for a scholarship?